Modified Crush and Run
The modified Crush and Run, also known as ABC Modified, is a cut rock coated in rock dust that comes in various sizes. It is often used for driveways. The size varies from rock dust to 1 inch in size. The crush and run packs down with time and forms a base layer. It comes in both the gray or darker bluish-gray color.
$38/ cubic yard $25/ half cubic yard
Coverage: One cubic yard of crush and run covers an area of 9 x 12 at three inches deep.
(See the Materials Calculator on the side to find out how much you need)
Weight: 1 cubic yard of crush and run weighs approximately 2,500 pounds.
Most standard pick-up trucks (ex. F150) or single axle 5x8 trailer can hold 1 yard because of the weight.
- The first layer for driveways
- Filling potholes in driveways
- Base layer of a “pad” under sheds or other machinery
- Crush and run is a product that compacts and forms a great base. When calculating the amount of crush and run needed, account for 25-33% compaction.
- For new driveways with no existing gravel, it is recommended you place 3-4 inches of crush and run down to account for the approximate 2 inches of compaction.
- For existing driveways where you want to top dress, 1.5-2 inches should be used to provide coverage.
- For pads under heavy machinery or sheds, you should use 8 inches of crush and run compacted down to a 6 inch base.